Before You Tan
- Thoroughly exfoliate all areas of your body to remove the dead layer of skin. With a good exfoliation, you will ensure that your tan lasts as long as possible.
- The day of your tan do not apply any lotion, moisturizers, oils or perfumes as they will reduce your skin’s ability to absorb the tanning solution. Also, make sure that all make-up is removed before your tanning session. We recommend that you shave the day before the tan as well.
- You’ll need to remove any jewelry before you tan.
- It’s important to bring loose fitting clothes to wear after you tan. Tight clothes have a tendency to rub the solution off of your skin and onto your clothes leaving a spotty tan.
- Our policy is that we do not tan nude men. so wear whatever you feel comfortable in–bathing suit, boxers, briefs, speedo, etc.
After You Tan
- Wear loose fitting clothes for at least 6 hours. Do not shower, work out, apply oils or lotions, or do any activity that would cause you to sweat for the same period of time. This allows the solution adequate time to interact with the amino acids in the top layer of your skin.
- When shaving, be sure to use a clean sharp razor. Using a hair conditioner will help the razor glide. A dull razor scrapes off more skin and tan. Hot tubs, chlorine, excessive sweating and salt water can affect the tan on some people. Using a sun block that is water resistant will help. Pat dry after a shower.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Hydrated skin will extend the life of your sunless tan
- Do not sleep on silk sheets. They will stain.
- Do not sit on leather or vinyl seats if you are bare-legged.
- If your car has leather seats bring a towel for your ride home.
- Avoid soaking in the bath.
- Do not be alarmed if you experience color washing off during your first shower.
- Your spray should last 5-7 days and if using a professional tan extender 7-10 days.